- 3 tablespoons (45ml) of sesame oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 725ml (1.25 pint) coconut milk
- 725ml (1.25 pint) chicken or veg stock
- 1 small bunch of coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat your oven to 200c / 400f.
- Next pour the sesame oil on to a roasting tray and place it in the oven to heat up.
- While your oil is heating prepare your cauliflower by separating it into small florets. Chop up the stalky bit from the center because you’re going to roast it and put it in the soup too.
- When the sesame oil is hot add the cauliflower, coat it well in the oil, and roast it in the hot oven for 20/30 minutes tossing it occasionally so it goes a nice even caramel colour.
- When your cauliflower is ready remove it from the oven and drain well. Set aside some of the golden cauliflower to use as a garnish and to add a bit of texture to the soup later.
- Transfer the rest of the cauliflower to a pot and pour over the coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil, add the coriander, then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup in a food processor till its smooth and creamy. Return the soup to the pot and add a little salt and some black pepper.
- To serve pour the soup into bowls and garnish with some of the reserved caramelised cauliflower and sprigs of cilantro.
You can make this suitable for non meat eaters by using vegetable stock