for the mojito ice
- 150ml / quarter pint lime juice
- 150ml / quarter pint water
- 25g / 1oz mint leaves
for the soup
- 1 large ripe galia melon
- Mix the lime juice, water and mint leaves together.
- Whizz up the lime juice mixture in a food processor till the mint is well blended with the lime juice and water.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and pour it into an ice cube tray (this should give you about 10 blocks of mojito ice) Allow to freeze for a couple of hours while you make the soup.
- To make the soup peel the melon and remove the seeds. Use a melon baller to scoop out about 20 rounds of sweet flesh to add to the soup later as a garnish.
- Whizz up the rest of the melon in your food processor to a smooth puree and place it in the fridge for an hour or so to chill down.
- To serve, pour the melon soup into 4 large glasses. Drop in some of the melon balls and a couple of blocks of the mojito Ice and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.