- 6 oranges
- 3 finely diced banana shallots
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 ml (.6 pint) white wine
- 200 ml (.4 pint) fish stock
- 500 ml (1.1 pint) cream
- 200g (7 oz) crab meat
- 30g (1 oz) fresh tarragon
- 600g (21 oz) fresh linguini pasta
- First prepare your oranges. Peel and segment two and keep aside to put in the sauce later. Half and squeeze the juice from the remaining 4.
- Slowly feel through each piece of crab meat with your hands to make sure theres no shell.
- Cook the shallot and garlic together in the olive oil, without colour, for about 5 minutes till soft.
- Add the white wine and boil until the sauce has reduced by half its volume.
- Next, add the orange juice and fish stock and boil to reduce the sauces volume by half again.
- You add the cream next. Then bring to the boil and cook it for about another 3/4 minutes till it begins to thicken
- Add the crabmeat and reserved orange segments to the sauce. Keep warm while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Add the pasta to the water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well and divide between 4 large pasta bowls.
- Season the sauce with salt and a couple of turns of black pepper before adding the tarragon and spooning over the pasta.
Alternative fish to use in this recipe – prawns, lobster
- Serving Size: 4 portions