- 220g (8oz) unsalted butter
- 165g (60oz) demerara sugar
- 80g (3oz) golden syrup
- 340g (12oz) jumbo oats
- 3 mandarins (peeled and segmented)
- 80g (3oz) pumpkin seeds
- 60g (2 1/2 oz) dried fruit
- Pre-heat your oven to 160c
- Roast the pumpkin seed for 5 minutes in a hot oven then crush them up a bit in a mortar and pestle or give them a quick whizz in the food processor.
- Next peel and segment the mandarins.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add in the sugar, golden syrup, and mandarins.
- Cook for about 5 minutes till the sugar has dissolved and the mandarins start to break up a little.
- Mix together the oats, pumpkin seeds, and dried fruit in a bowl before adding in the butter mix.
- Mix everything together and spread on a roasting tray 34cm (13 inch) x 24cm (9 inch)
- Bake the flapjacks in a preheated oven 160c for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Remove the flapjacks from the oven and while their still warm mark them in to 16 large portions. They will be easier to break apart once their fully cooled down.