- •2 large shallot finely diced
- •2 cloves of garlic minced
- •70g (2.5oz) speck bacon
- •1kg (2.2lbs) mussels
- •200ml (6.8oz) cider
- •1 bay leaf
- •50g (1.8oz) parsley
- •200ml (6.8oz) cream
- •basil leaves to garnish
- Cut the bacon into thin strips and colour gently in the bottom of the pan on a moderate heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up full and add the mussels and bay leaf. Mix everything together before pouring in the cider
- Cover with a lid and cook till the mussels just open.
- Remove the mussels from the pan and keep warm.
- Boil the cooking liquor for one minute then whisk in the cream followed by the parsley.
- Return the mussels to the pan and toss everything together before serving.
- Serving Size: 4 large appetizer size portions