For the apple sauce
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of water
- pinch of salt
- 400g / 1lb clonakilty black pudding
- 12 scallops
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Peel, core, and chop up the apples into a small dice.
- In a saucepan combine the diced apple with the sugar, lemon juice, salt, and water and mix well.
- Place a tight fitting lid on the saucepan and cook your apples on a low heat for about 5 minutes till soft and tender.
- Whizz up your applesauce in a food processor till smooth and pass it through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut your black pudding into 12 large slices about a half inch thick. Heat half the olive oil in a pan and cook your black pudding for a minute on each side till golden and crunchy. Then set aside and keep warm.
- Next its time to cook your scallops. Heat the remainder of the oil in a pan till smouldering hot. Carefully add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes till caramelized and golden on each side. Remove from the pan and drain well on kitchen paper.
- To plate up divide the scallops and black pudding between four plates. Dab some of the apple sauce around each plate and garnish with some parsley and some finely cut strips of apple for some extra crunch.